Pros and Cons of Wallpaper vs Painting
Refurbishing your home is a way of making it look beautiful and elegant. The beauty, design and taste of your home will clearly shows the kind of personality and sophistication you possess. This will be projected in the paintwork or wallpaper artwork you would have chosen.
When you have just purchased a new home or decide to refurbish your house. You would have studied and planned the exteriors and interiors of your whole house including the living room, bedroom, study, children room, kitchen, dining and more. You will always come across this most commonly ask question. Should I wallpaper or paint my house?
For years, painting has been the most commonly used method to add great colour on walls. These are some of the consideration to use wall painting.
- Paint is always available in thousands of colors and it is easier to find a perfect match for your tiles or colours your like.
- Small blemishes are so much easier to fixed with wall painting. They are also much easy to manage and maintain.
- You can have so many options with paint finishes such as flat, matte, shiny, eggshell, satin, semi-gloss or high gloss.
- Water-based paint or oil-based alkyd allows very easy cleanup.
- You can mix and match paint textures and colors easily to create your own faux finishes, colourwash, smooshing, ragging, bagging, sponging and more.
Wallpaper has been popular nowadays with the following reasons.
- Wallpaper is available in thousands of design too which allow you to mix and match the theme you have in mind. You can refer to KoreanWP.com for 3000 over styles and designs.
- Wallpaper installation is not as complicated as before. You just need 1 day work to fully install your whole house with wallpapers.
- They are made with much better quality & durability. Eco friendly wallpaper with 3 dimensional designs and water resistance too. Wallpaper can last for a long period of 10 to 15 years with proper care and attention.
- They are highly fashionable and you can rest assured that you will never be out of fashion. Painting can be rather boring at times.
- Wallpaper is a much better choice when your walls are uneven, cracked, or slightly off angle. All these defects can be efficiently covered and corrected with wallpaper.
- Wallpaper is readily available in rolls with lots of themes ranging from Victorian, stripes, floral, modern, kids designs & much more.
- Wallpapers are so much cheaper and affordable nowadays. Price is almost the same or slightly more expensive than painting the whole house.
Not to forget these consideration too
- Both wallpaper or painting are available in low volatile organic compounds which make them environmental friendly for people with sensitivities and allergies.
- Removing wallpaper can be very tedious as compare to paint. You can easily change the colour of your wall with painting.
- It is definitely not advisable to use wallpaper for high-moisture places such as kitchen or bathroom as they might peel away from the wall in the long run. Never expose your wallpaper to the sunlight directly too.
- Some might even consider using both painting and wallpaper options to add versatility of texture to their wall with customizable paint colours too.
Irregardless of which option you choose, either one will give your home the great personality, sophistication and character you desired.by